Will Shortz Biography
William F. Shortz is an American puzzle creator and editor and crossword puzzle editor for The New York TimesCurrently, he serves as the crossword puzzle editor for The New York Times.
The Crawfordsville, Indiana native was drawn to puzzles at a very tender age. Shortz wrote a paper he called “Puzzles as a Profession” which earned him a B+ in his 8th grade.
He wrote to Dmitri Borgmann, an American Language on Vacation author seeking advice on how to pursue a career in puzzles at the age of 13.
Will Shortz Age
Will Shortz was born in Crawfordsville, Indiana, the United States on 26 August 1952. He is 69 years old as of 2021.
Will Shortz Height
Shortz stands at a height of 5 ft 7 in ( Approx 1.7m) tall.
Will Shortz Family
Shortz was born to his father and mother in Crawfordsville, Indiana, United States of America. However, he has not shared any information about his parents and siblings.
Will Shortz Wife
Shortz has not disclosed any detail regarding his love life. Hence it’s not known whether he is dating, single, engaged, or serching.
Will Shortz Children
Shortz has not shared any details information concerning his kids.
Will Shortz Education
Shortz graduated in 1974 from Indiana University with a degree in enigmatology the study of puzzles. Will also holds a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Virginia School of Law since 1977 which he never sat for exams.
Will Shortz Salary
Shortz receives an annual that ranges between $60,250 and $68,413, according to the crossword puzzle editor’s salary.
Will Shortz Net Worth
Shortz earns an estimated net worth of $1.5 Million Us dollars.
Will Shortz Puzzle | Crossword Puzzles
At the age of 16, Shortz started contributing regularly on crossword puzzles to Dell publications. He graduated from Indiana University in 1974 and became. The only person to hold a college degree in enigmatology i.e the study of puzzles eventually.
Shortz’s thesis was about the history of American word puzzles. He achieved his thesis by designing his own curriculum via. The Individualized Major Program of Indiana University.
Will Shortz Sunday Puzzle
Shortz presents an on-air quiz to one contestant every week and gives a challenge for listeners at home. Those listeners who submit correct answers win a chance to play the on-air puzzle.
The winner plays the puzzle on the air with Lulu Garcia Navarro as the host and him. The winner receives a Weekend Edition lapel pin; Scrabble from Hasbro Inc.; and The New York Times Sunday Crossword Puzzles. Volume 43, from St. Martin’s Press also. (Total estimated retail value $30).
Will Shortz Paper
The last time the crossword clue Shortz’s paper was January 01, 2013, for short with 3 letters was seen.
Will Shortz Npr | New York Times
Since 1987, NPR’s PuzzlemasterShortz has appeared on Weekend Edition Sunday when the program started. The crossword editor of The New York Times served as the editor of Games magazine also.
He has served as the founder and director of the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament since 1978. Shortz professionally sold his first puzzle. At the age of 14 — to Venture, a denominational youth magazine. He then became a regular contributor to Dell puzzle publications at the age of 16.
Will Shortz Sudoku Books
- Hard Sudoku Volume 5: 200 Challenging Puzzles.
- Hard Sudoku Volume 3: 200 Challenging Puzzles.
- Trickiest Sudoku: 200 Very Hard Puzzles.
- Fireside Sudoku: 200 Easy to Hard Puzzles: Easy to Hard Sudoku Volume 1 (Easy to Hard Sudoku, 1).
- The Great Big Book of Sudoku Volume 2: 500 Easy to Hard Puzzles to Exercise Your Brain.
- The Great Big Book of Sudoku Volume 3: 500 Easy to Hard Puzzles to Exercise Your Brain.
- Steeped in Sudoku: 200 Challenging Puzzles.
- Sudoku Forever: 200 Easy to Hard Puzzles: Easy to Hard Sudoku Volume 2 (Easy to Hard Sudoku, 2).
Will Shortz Crossword Puzzle Books
- Keep Merry and Sudoku On: 300 Easy to Hard Puzzles.
- Simply Sneaky Sudoku: 200 Easy Puzzles.
- Serious Sudoku: 200 Hard Puzzles.
- Sudoku & Chill: 200 Easy to Hard Puzzles.
- The Jungle Book of Sudoku for Kids: 150 Fun Puzzles!.
- The Epic Book of Extreme Sudoku: 300 Challenging Puzzles.
- Be Mine Sudoku: 200 Sweet to Sinister Puzzles.